i sing in a rock band. i'm married to the drummer. we have a kickass baby boy named Auggie Grey. i work at a killer ad agency. my mister delivers your mail. we live in portland and own a house, two cats and a dream of one day playing music full-time for lots of dolladollabillzyall.
this is a blog about our lives and the clash between our rocknroll nightlife and our domestic home life. follow along as i learn to work both sides.
if you're interested in hearing about my adventures in all things baby, check out my other blog: http://asweetlittlebaby.tumblr.com/
Reblogged from thecranewife
Fashion in Film: Clueless (1995)
You don’t understand, this is an Alaïa! It’s like, a totally important designer!
When Clueless hit theaters in July 1995, costume designer Mona May had no idea the impact the film would have on the fashion world. Girls everywhere adopted the closet staples of Beverly Hills teen, Cher Horowitz, including her signature plaid, mini skirts and knee socks; Karl Lagerfeld sent models down the runway clutching the same portable phones that were specially designed for the movie; and publications like Vogue and Women’s Wear Daily lauded Clueless as the fashion movie of the year.
May looked to European designers like Jean Paul Gaultier and Azzedine Alaïa to draw inspiration for the costumes, choosing to stray as far from the then-popular grunge phase by incorporating girly silhouettes and bold colors.
"I took from the trends, picking and choosing from that moment in fashion," May said. "But I didn’t want to date the movie with certain trends, which was easy to do in the ’80s and ’90s. We wanted to make it timeless, and it really stood the test of time. I can watch Clueless now and there’s still stuff we can wear.”
Reblogged from adventuresinhousewifery
Bookworm’s Dream Giveaway!
- one black Kobo Mini eReader
- tons of books preloaded on it!
- Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
- Hunger Games series - Suzanne Collins
- Percy Jackson series - Rick Riordan
- Divergent series - Veronica Roth
- Game of Thrones series (The Songs of Ice and Fire) George R.R. Martin
- Narnia series - C.S. Lewis
- Maze Runner series - James Dashner
- Mortal Instruments series - Cassandra Clare
- Odd Thomas series - Dean Koontz
- Torchwood book series
- Alex Rider series - Anthony Horowitz
- The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
- Paper Towns - John Green
- Looking for Alaska - John Green
- Heat series - Richard Castle
- Ender’s Game Saga - Orson Scott Card
- The Chemical Gardens trilogy - Lauren DeStefano
- Dresden Files series - Jim Butcher
- Howl’s Moving Castle series - Diana Wynne Jones
- Chrestomanci series - Diana Wynne Jones
- Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
- Graceling Realm series - Kristin Cashore
- Summer Falls - Amelia Williams
- The Angel’s Kiss: A Melody Malone Mystery
- Storm series - Richard Castle
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Discworld series - Terry Pratchett
- Good Omens - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
- Neil Gaiman collection
- The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Silmarillion - J.R.R. Tolkien
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series - Douglas Adams
- The Hollows series - Kim Harrison
- Sunshine - Robin McKinley
- The Black Jewels trilogy - Anne Bishop
- Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
- The Mars Trilogy - Kim Stanley
- The Sword of Truth series - Terry Goodkind
- David Gemmel collection
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chobsky
- Warm Bodies - Issac Marion
- The Young Wizards series - Diane Duane
- Stephen King Collection
- Dangerous Women - George R.R. Martin & Gardner Dozois
- The Wheel of Time series - Robert Jordan
- The Mistborn Trilogy - Brandon Sanderson
- A Series of Unfortunate Events - Lemony Snickett
- The Cirque du Freak series - Darren Shan
- The Demonata series - Darren Shan
- The Ranger’s Apprentice series - John Flanagan
- Virals Series - Kathy Reichs
- Boy Meets Boy - David Levithan
- Life of Pi - Yann Martel
- Reboot - Amy Tintera
- Vampire Queen Series - Joey Hill
- Nature of Desire Series - Joey Hill
- Guild Hunter Series - Nalini Singh
- Psy Changling Series - Nalini Singh
- Valdemar Series’ - Mercedes Lackey
- Mercedes Lackey Collection
- His Dark Materials Series - Philip Pullman
- Temeraire Series - Naomi Novik
- Safehold Series - David Weber
- Chronicles of Vladimir Todd - Heather Brewer
- Song of the Lioness Quartet - Tamora Pierce
- Hollow Earth - John & Carole Barrowman
- Chaos Walking Series - Patrick Ness
- 1984 - George Orwell
- Animal Farm - George Orwell
- Matched Trilogy - Ally Condie
- Alice in Wonderland Series - Lewis Carroll
- Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe
- Night Angel Trilogy - Brent Weeks
BOOK REQUESTS ARE CLOSED! I’ll open it up for more later on but I think we have enough right now :D
1. Reblog this post to enter. You can reblog as many times as you want!
2. Likes count.
3. Be following the Geek Studio.
4. Anyone can enter! I will ship internationally!
5. That’s it!
READ THE GIVEAWAY FAQ’S BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION! It saves both you and me some time ;)
A name will be picked at random by a generator to determine the winner. The winner will be posted on my blog and notified through their ask box.
End Date: CHANGED TO January 31st, 2014 at 10:00PM EST
Try, try again. Not you other people though… You all should stop trying.